Yesterday was just ok – I didn’t look at terribly bad things but “lust” was definitely in the air as I watched a few Youtube videos that were leading me in the wrong direction.
Then Becky called at just the right time and I was better.
Today I wasn’t online too much, took an afternoon nap, and then took the kids fishing.
I need to be nicer to the kids – especially to Caleb. We have a book in our bedroom titled, The Power of Positive Parenting, which I’m going to start studying. Tonight I finished the book Truth Restored by President Hinckley; I really enjoy reading when I make time for it.
I’ve read the first few pages of this book on positive parenting and found this quote:
Research has shown that the most effective way to reduce problem behavior in children is to strengthen desirable behavior through positive reinforcement rather than trying to weaken undesirable behavior using aversive or negative processes. – The International Encyclopedia of Education, 1988
I really like that quote and know that it applies to me right now. If I don’t change the way I discipline the kids, they won’t love or trust me the way I’ll need them to if I hope to have a great relationship with them, especially in their teenage years.
I plan to take notes here as I study this book and it’s suggestions for positive parenting.
I feel happy about my evening. I read, relaxed, didn’t watch TV, and am now finishing up the day BEFORE midnight.
I plan to read a bit more and then get up early to work on a few projects that I didn’t finish today.
I was paid by the U today and received the signed contract yesterday. I’m honestly excited to work with them.
Here are some initial ideas for what we can do to get them up the rankings in search:
- Best of campaign (or maybe a “Best U Websites to Watch”)
- We’ll need a designer to make buttons to put on people’s sites’
- We’ll need to decide what we’re rating
- We’ll need to decide what we can give away
- We’ll need to decide what metrics we’re using to give the award
- We’ll need to decide which phrases we’re going to go after
- Why those phrases
- Youtube contest
- What content do we want
- What will the winners get
- Where will we place the videos for voting (our site, Facebook, or just Youtube)
- Who will determine the winners (preferably the number of views, votes, comments)
- What will really take off
- Why U comes before Y
- Why the Pac 12 should be renamed the pUc 12
- Why we don’t need the Y
- Add these accounts for branding
- Facebook Fan Page
- Create a WordPress Blog for new site
- Editorial Calendar
- Upcoming events
- Featured video
- Featured image
- Player highlight
- Sports on campus
- Sports highlights
- Featured product(s)
- Upcoming sale on site only
- Voting on products to bring in
- Closeout items for website sales only
- One-liner contests
- Best of the MOSS
- Editorial Calendar
That’s all I have for now. More to come!