Last night, as I was talking to Becky about where I’m at and things I’m thinking about, one thing that came to mind is to compile a list of the tools I’m using that are helping me live in recovery from addiction.
I’m going to just write them out, then I’ll sort them and talk about each of them a bit.
- LDS ARP Meeting
- Therapist specializing in sexual addiction
- 90 Day ARP Support Program
- Being a sponsor with the 90 Day ARP Support Program
- Responding to sponsee’s work
- Talking to sponsees each week
- Reading books about recovery and addiction
- Love You, Hate the Porn
- What Can I Do About
- Sitting in a Rowboat Throwing Marbles at a Battleship
- He Restoreth My Soul (read partially)
- The Infinite Atonement (read partially)
- Attending UCAP Conference
- Talking with parents about the addiction
- Talking with other close friends about the addiction
- Talking with my Bishop about the addiction
- AEIOUs with Becky each night
- Reading in the scriptures together most nights
- Going to bed together always – not staying up later
- Practicing the “Chin Up” one day at a time
- Creating a list of my “Weapons of War” and being willing to bury each of them
- Writing a “Letter to the Addict”
- Reading/Listening to Conference Talks
I think this list is pretty complete.
For now, I’m not going to write more about them.
I went to the LDS blog and the topic that was written about today is grace.
I read it over but now need to get to some other things.
More study coming soon.