This question came in from one of the guys in our group about helping teens with pornography addiction:
I’d really like to hear anything about how teens are coping with this addiction.
I have a 14-year-old who got hooked a year ago and he’s slowly working out of it with me, but there is no 12-step program aimed at teens.
What can I do to help him?
Please add your comments, suggestions, or additional questions about teen addiction recovery.
UPDATE: Thanks to all of you for your comments.
Here’s some advice from our friend Steven:
– Watch a video by Jason Carroll
– Show them Heart of the Matter
– Be honest about your own life
– Help them understand the affects of pornography
– Ask them questions:
What can we do to set up correct boundaries of safety?
How can we check in and be honest with one another?
– Get extremely honest, bold and humble without shaming