Today went pretty well. I still feel a bit of resentment and pride at work, which seems to have dangerous effects on how I use my time.
I didn’t waste a lot of time today, but browsed new friends photos a bit on Facebook…
To me, this is like a relapse.
I’ve also noticed a red-flag when doing web design work and looking for images for clients. I have to be really careful what I type in Google Images and know going in that I may need to look away quickly or simply leave the page. I’ve had that “you’re in a dangerous spot feeling” and need to make sure to heed it’s promptings.
I don’t feel I’ve had a problem necessarily, but just the fact that I’m aware of these potential set backs is reason to write about them.
Things to Improve on From Today
- I am going to be careful who I talk to at work.
- I want to set a rule for myself to NEVER look at anyone’s photos on Facebook.
- I need to accentuate the positive in everything I do.
- I want to continue working on the “chin-up” approach.
- I want to continue praying in the moment of temptation.
Forgiving and Asking Forgiveness
“Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
“Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven” (Matthew 18:21–22).
Forgiving and asking forgiveness for a single wrongdoing is easier than forgiving or asking forgiveness for longstanding situations filled with multiple offenses. Think about relationships, past or present, where multiple offenses have occurred and will need to be forgiven. How can you gain strength to forgive and seek forgiveness?
I feel one of the ways I can gain strength to forgive and seek forgiveness is by really honestly asking myself, “What did I do to get the ball rolling?” I remember this like it was yesterday as I worked on Step 4 and wrote down things other people did that just bugged me. At times it was hard to even think that what I was doing was wrong at all; however, as I pondered more on these situations, I realized that what I had done was let the fear of man overpower me. I’d compared myself to others or worried too much about what others thought.
By being honest with myself about the things that have happened, I feel I’ve gained strength from Heavenly Father to address things as they really are. I’m trying hard to put my ego and will aside and let the Lord guide me and direct me down the path He knows is best for me.
Things I’m Grateful For Today
- Almost finished a website for DA
- Finalized the proposal for DA
- Sent to Brett for approval
- Had fun playing with the kids at BYU
- Talked to Ben about our main objectives for ET
- Got the internship details sent to Arturo for UCR
- Got the home page and overall layout of UCR updated
- Knelt down to pray last night
- Headed to bed before 12:00 a.m.!
- Was pretty patient with the kids when we got home and got things cleaned up