Well, it’s official. I signed the papers today and am back to coaching. There will be a bit of a transition but I’m ok with that.
I really am ready to plan out my day, make the most of my time, and maximize my potential.
Today I did lots of keyword and industry research for UCR and the numbers look really good as far as demand and competition online.
I feel at peace with Dane and think things will just be better – period.
Now on to Step 9:
Where can you find courage to face these people, according to Alma’s teachings in these verses?
“The Spirit of the Lord doth say unto me: Command thy children to do good, lest they lead away the hearts of many people to destruction; therefore I command you, my son, in the fear of God, that ye refrain from your iniquities;
“That ye turn to the Lord with all your mind, might, and strength; that ye lead away the hearts of no more to do wickedly; but rather return unto them, and acknowledge your faults and that wrong which ye have done” (Alma 39:12–13).
As I read this scripture again this evening, it made me think more of work and the attitude I have passed on to others on my team, the resentments I’ve encouraged towards Dane and the company.
I still don’t think that some of the things they are doing are right or ethical, but in a lot of ways it’s not my business. As long as I do all I can do to be honest, ethical and thoughtful to the clients I’m working with, I’m going to be ok.
“…return unto them, and acknowledge your faults and that wrong which ye have done.” I feel strongly that I can do this. I didn’t make time today to review my inventory in detail but am ready to do that too. There are probably people I should add to the list and experiences I’ve had that need to be noted.
Things I’m Grateful For
- That PR didn’t make me shut MM down completely
- That I was able to play with the kids tonight for quite a while while Becky was at aerobics
- That the kids were really good
- That we got to get milk shakes together
- That I feel good about how things ended with Dane
- That I feel good about how things were handled for the most part
- That I’m beginning to plan for the future
- That the Jazz are on a 10-0 scoring run 🙂
- That Becky supports me in my decision to really focus on my businesses and be a coach for a time
- That I was able to do my studying earlier tonight than last night
- That I plan to go to bed early because my day will start a lot earlier now too
- That Sterling texted me today.
- CRAP – that I just remembered that David and I were going to talk together on Monday nights at 8:30 p.m.