We made it back safely after about 5 hours on the road today!
I-84 was closed due to snow and wind conditions so we had to go the Pocatello route. From Rupert to Pocatello was pretty bad but then it really cleared up and things went smooth the rest of the way. We did see 2 or 3 accidents, one car was upside down, but luckily we made it home safe.
The highlight of the vacation was what Becky told me tonight. She said that this was by far the best I’ve been when we went home in having a good attitude, helping with the kids, and not seeming to go back to old habits. That made my day more than she really knows I think.
I did feel things went well for a variety of reasons:
- I didn’t stay up late and watch TV after everyone else had gone to sleep
- I played with the kids (as much as I could in tight conditions)
- I stayed at a little 2 year olds party DURING the BYU vs. Utah game (until half time) and was nice about the whole thing
- I helped quite a bit with clean up, dishes, etc. (without being asked) 🙂
- I did a couple studies and wrote in my journal
I know, these may seem like “normal” things to do, but with the way I was growing up, I feel this was definitely progress in the right direction.
I’m excited for a new week as a self-employed entrepreneur!
I can’t believe it’s almost been a full month! Things have seemed to be going really, really well. Here’s what I have on the dock for this week:
- Webinar meeting with Russ P (50/50 split)
- Finalize new deal with AD ($1,500 +$300/mon.)
- Meet with Tory to answer questions & give feedback
- Nov. invoice for AD ($300)
- Meet with EHR for SEO work ($300/mon.)
- Finalize FSM website (ca $1,000 – $900 to DE)
- Meet with DA
- Follow up with Laura about Website re-design ($1,000 + monthly hosting)
- Contact 10 businesses by Tuesday to set up meetings for Wednesday to talk about HS Ad Space for DA event (30% up front + 60/40 split)
- Finalize payouts for HS for year (ca $3,000)
- Meet with Darcey about studio work, recital, pics & SEO consulting
- Follow up with DT mag about writing and speaking at next years event(s)
- Contact 5 other Utah based dance studios for SEO Audit and Web re-design work
- Follow up with Dean, the artist in NY
- Follow up with Charlie M.
So, things seem to be coming together.
What I’ve re-realized in this first month is that it’s all about FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS! If I know what I need to do, map it out in detailed steps, and then prioritize and work on day to day tasks to get there, it WILL happen! The main problem I have is losing focus, getting distracted, and doing a lot of “nothing”.
It’s getting late so here’s the scripture I wanted to reflect on tonight:
“[The sons of Mosiah] traveled throughout all the land. . . zealously striving to repair all the injuries which they had done to the church, confessing all their sins, and publishing all the things which they had seen, and explaining the prophecies and the scriptures to all who desired to hear them” (Mosiah 27:35).
I like this scripture a lot because Ammon is one of my heroes in the Book of Mormon. He had done some tough things that he had to repent of, and he went through the process of “making amends”.
Here are people I’d like to talk with this week, either in person or on the phone:
- Jamie B
- Julie Ann B
- Jenny B
- Annabeth H
- Kylie C
I’m grateful for this time of year.
I’m grateful for my children and my wife. I’m lucky to have them in my life.