Today was a great day. It was quite a bit more relaxing as everything seemed to slow down and get a little back to routine.
We had a great Christmas. It was nice to have Mom and Dad come celebrate with us. I got to talk to Dad a little bit about my recovery and how it’s all going. I feel good about being able to be open and honest with him.
We did a lot of good things today:
- Had crepes for breakfast
- Cleaned up the living room and got everything put away
- Went through my closet to get rid of clothes to the DI
- Exercised with Becky in the basement – treadmill and Pilates (she kicked my butt and she’s 8 months pregnant)
- Played with Caleb and his new remote control helicopter from Grandma S.
- Went sledding with the three oldest kids
- Took stuff to return and bought a shelf for food storage
- Worked on step work
- Had a good talk with Caleb after I overreacted a bit at a store
I felt the day was very productive but low key too.
I’m grateful that Becky and I felt more connected today.
I’m grateful we were on the same page about the schedule today.
I’m grateful to be living in recovery today.
I’m grateful that, when I went to the mall to get Ray a gift, I was able to keep my chin up.
I’m grateful that I got to talk with Caleb, apologize, and talk to him about how we can work on what I reacted about (him trying to be the parent and let Jay do whatever he wants)
I’m grateful I was able to get the food storage broken shelves taken down and ready to return and the new shelves up.
I’m grateful that we have another day of relaxing and fun tomorrow.
I’m grateful that we were able to go sledding today.
I’m grateful to head to bed now and hope to have a good nights sleep.
I’m grateful for Covenant Eyes and that Becky and I are able to look at it without any fear on my part. I’m grateful to be able to be 100% honest with her about where I’m at in recovery today.
I’m grateful that the 2014 year is almost over and I won’t have to look back on it too much.
I’m grateful to have a sponsor – someone I can stay accountable to.
I’m grateful to have such good kids who I love.
I’m grateful to be married to my best friend.