Today was a good day. We made a list of things we wanted to do together as a family and got all of them and a few more done. Here are some of the things we got done:
- Slept in!
- Made breakfast – french toast and bacon.
- Cut the boys hair
- Arranged the food storage with the new shelves
- Filled the water containers
- Bought a snow blower on Amazon
- Watched a little football (Drake got his big point game – which puts him in front by a lot)
- Went to return stuff at Walmart
- Went to exchange shoes at Payless for Madi
- Exercise for 20 minutes at the clubhouse
- Swimming at the clubhouse with the kids – Chloe is swimming a bit on her own
- Watched BYU lose to Gonzaga on DVR
- Had great dinner – Ray’s Tri-tip sandwiches
- And here I am now
I look forward to getting back into somewhat of a routine next week. I haven’t been as good lately about doing step work in the morning since the kids have been up before Becky and I watching cartoons. By the time I get up, there are lots of things to do. Tomorrow I will commit to doing the step work in the morning.
Things went well today with Becky and I me I felt. We got a lot of things done but were still relaxed and had fun.
One thing I want to be aware of is not clinging to her too much (giving her hugs, holding her close, etc.). This is stuff I fell into when I felt disconnected and I don’t feel that’s the case today. Today I worked hard to live in recovery. When we were at the pool I was aware of where I was and said a prayer for strength. When we went to Walmart I did the same thing. I’m grateful for the strength Heavenly Father gives me when I’m willing to ask for His help.
Things went better with the kids too I feel. I tried to talk to Becky about what I was feeling before I blew up at the kids for stupid things. I noticed today that Becky is really good about not overreacting. I’m grateful for her example.
I’m grateful that I got to cut the kids hair today with no explosions or anger.
I’m grateful that I got to help Caleb fix his helicopter.
I’m grateful that we fixed his lego set when Jayden broke it.
I’m grateful that we worked together as a family to get projects done.
I’m grateful that then we went to have fun swimming.
I’m grateful that Culvers is opening in Spanish Fork on January 5th!
I’m grateful things seem to be going well with Becky and the new baby.
I’m grateful that we have Church tomorrow and I can work on center my life on Christ.
I’m grateful to be ending the day now.