It’s been a good day today. I had a good time with Becky tonight watching NCAA championship and then the DVR of the Celebrity Apprentice.
I had a good talk with Jason too.
The two things I really want to do more and better:
- Study the scriptures (for the right reason)
- Personal prayer
I’ve thought lately about the “armor of God” and how important those two things are: when I’m doing those things, in conjunction with a few other things, Satan has minimal power over me; when I’m not doing those things, it’s like I’m on my own.
I’m grateful that I recognize these things, now I just need to DO THEM!
Jason and I talked tonight about submitting our will to God for the right reason – because we WANT TO.
I really need to pray more fervently for consistency and persistence in the things that are most important for me and for my family.
Tonight was good, except that I lost my cool a bit with Caleb. He was whining about not wanting to eat his food so I sent him to his room. It seemed to affect the rest of my evening as I was resentful, possibly a bit at Becky for “letting him act that way without any discipline” although I know she does a great job. It’s just a tough situation.
I know I expect too much out of my little guy and need to show him more love and less harshness.
Things I’m grateful for
- That I got my recordings done for work
- That I took my quarterly goals more serious this quarter
- That, overall, I had a good attitude at work today
- That I’m writing in my journal
- That I recognize some of the core issues I need help figuring out with Heavenly Father
- That I’m going to bed semi-early (11:50 p.m.)