This is from the questions about Coming Unto Christ.
It’s so helpful to go back over these questions! I really love reading about the initial steps, my ups and downs, and when I finally decided to put more of my trust in God and this program. I’d like to say my “full” trust but feel that, as it says in Step 6, I still have tendencies to “take it back” from time to time.
I feel Becky has also been really helpful in my recovery. Although it’s been really tough for her, she has tried to be understanding, let me talk about it some with her, and has even read the manual from time to time to better understand what I discuss at meetings. She has allowed me to take a few hours per week to go to meetings, meet with Jason, and talk with others about the steps of recovery.
I really believe what Elder Scott says about recovery: no matter how much I go to meetings, talk with Jason and Greg, etc. – only through Christ Jesus will I really see true recovery. At times this is hard to comprehend, but I understand it so much more now, having been through some of the steps in the program.
I’m grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I’m grateful I’ve been given so many chances to come back and be forgiven. I’m grateful that this program is inspired by God and His humble servants to help all people struggling with addiction, whatever type it is.
I’m excited to continue my process of changing my heart. I feel, as I strive to pray personally, work the steps, and study the words of the prophets (ancient and modern), that change will continue to come.
Things I’m Grateful For
– Teaching a lesson today about Moses, Aaron, and Pharaoh
– Getting all the boys in my primary class excited to pay attention, answer questions, and participate
– Talking to Becky more about our relationship, the progress we’ve made this week by going on a date, and how good it feels
– Each of my children and their sweet personalities, funny sayings, and love for life
– Getting to talk to Dad tonight