Today has been pretty productive so far, although I don’t have a detailed checklist of things I’m working on.
- I’ve been working on an article about paid host vs free host websites.
- I’ve finished putting up the white board in my office.
- I’ve been working with Devin on details for the FSM site.
- I’ve read scriptures in the morning (which I’ll write more about in a second).
- I’ve posted the CO special for tomorrow on FB.
- I’ve called and left a message for Mike at AD.
- I’ve emailed Robyn about FSM stuff.
- Yesterday, I contacted one of the people I want to make amends too and got their phone number so I could call them today (plan to call them on my way to meet Russ at 1:00 p.m.)
- Met with Russ P about SEO and webinar work
- Talked about all the options – felt like it was a good meeting
The scriptures I read this morning were from Alma 37:33-37:
33 aPreach unto them repentance, and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ; teach them to humble themselves and to be bmeek and lowly in heart; teach them to cwithstand every dtemptation of the devil, with their faith on the Lord Jesus Christ.
34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find arest to their souls.
36 Yea, and acry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy bdoings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy cthoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.
37 aCounsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for bgood; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the cmorning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.
I really liked vs. 36 and 37. I feel that is one of the main answers in overcoming my addictions, both to the harder sins and to the day to day resentments, fears, and pride.
I’m at Borders now and plan to study here, work on some of my checklist items, and prepare for a meeting at 5:30 with Brett. I decided to study another General Conference talk titled “Stay on the Path“. This talk is discussing the importance of helping children stay on the path that leads back to Heavenly Father.
Yesterday Caleb and I went to the BYU basketball game together. I feel doing things like that, one on one, is a crucial way to bond with each of the kids. It’s something they will never forget.
No child needs to walk the path alone so long as we speak freely to our children of the plan of salvation.
One thing I love about how Becky teaches the kids is that we talk about the Gospel and about what’s right and wrong a lot, just in normal conversation. It’s fun to hear the kids talk about stuff on their own too.
Understanding the plan will help them hold to the truths that they are children of God and He has a plan for them, that they lived with Him in the premortal existence, that they shouted for joy to come to this earth, and that through the Savior’s help, we all can return to our Heavenly Father’s presence. If they understand the plan and who they are, they will not fear.
We begin to make the plan known to our children when we hold tight to the iron rod ourselves.
I agree with this. The best way to show the kids I know the scriptures are true and important is to actually read them, both in front of them and on my own. I’m grateful that we’ve made it part of our routine to read the scriptures at night together. I also like that we’ve worked on learning the Articles of Faith (in song format). It’s rewarding to know, as I sit there in primary, that my little 5 and 3 year old already know all the Articles of Faith and can sing them all with little help. Although it’s a simple thing, I feel it will pay off long-term as they are faced with hard challenges later on in life.
When we are intentional about holding them and teaching them of Heavenly Father’s plan through prayer and scriptures, they will come to know where they came from, why they are here, and where they are going.
This reminds me of my Patriarchal blessing where it talks about helping people (my children in this case) understand who they are, why they are here and where they are going.
I’m grateful for today and for the progress I feel I’m making. I know there is much work to be done if I want to prove to myself and to others, and mostly to God, that I can do this – I can support my family by working from home on my own businesses.
Here are some of the things I feel I really need to work on on a daily basis:
- Contact at least 5 businesses per day about doing online marketing for them
- Create a form that I asked clients a series of questions
- Maybe even fill out the form partially BEFORE I contact the company
- Create a proposal I can send to businesses that I speak with
- Work for at least one hour on creating an eBook for cloggers & online marketers
- Work for at least one hour on the LC business plan
- Work for at least one hour on the UCR business plan
I feel this has been a good study!