Last night was a great step in my process of recovery.
I went and talked to the Bishop to start step 5.
He is new as a bishop and is new to the addiction recovery program so most of our time was spent explaining my progress, what I’ve been through, how I got started with my addiction, and how the program works. Overall I felt really, really good about our discussion.
When I first met the Bishop, I felt I’d be working with him someday. This may be one of those opportunities: I’m giving him a first hand look at what the addiction recovery program is all about.
We are scheduled to meet next week at the same time to actually start the reading of the inventory.
Things I’m Thankful For
- that I got to talk to the Bishop
- that I wasn’t scared at all
- that I talked to Becky about my inventory a little
- that I’m finally making progress on step 4 and 5
- that I didn’t blow up on Matt today when he wrote a snippy chat
- that I filtered my email to the team about the referral process
- that I got to spend time with the kids and grill hamburgers
- that I got to talk to Dad on the phone for a while today
- that my businesses did really well in 2009
- that there are lots of opportunities on the horizon for my businesses
- that I’m writing in my “journal”
- that Becky and I got to relax and watch the Jazz win tonight
I will start the questions for Step 5 tonight too. Left a message for Jason tonight on his cell.