List some of your character weaknesses, and next to them list the strengths they may become as you come unto Christ.
- Lack of patience with my kids: as I come unto Christ, I can see my relationship with my kids strengthening. Things that have bugged me in the past and caused me to get angry will be easier to cope with and I will show more love to my kids to help them do what is right.
- Comparing myself to others: coming unto Christ will help me have the Spirit more constantly in my life, which will help me fight off this character weakness and only compare myself to God’s will and not the arm of the flesh.
- Thinking my way is better than others: this is a form of pride. As I come unto Christ, my pride will be replaced with Humility. As I strive to keep the goals I’ve set for May and ongoing, I will be helped by reading the scriptures and focusing on what’s most important, God’s will.
- Loosing my temper: Coming unto Christ will help me recognize triggers that cause me to lose my temper.
- Looking at girls to lust after them: the “chin-up” concept is one way I can come unto Christ, do His will, and be protected and prompted. As I work hard on this small and simple thing, it will become a huge turning point and help me stay far away from temptation.
- Procrastinating doing the things I know I need to be doing: procrastination is a form of doing my will instead of God’s. By coming unto Christ, I will do “first things first” and always remember to follow God’s will.
- Relying on my own strength instead of submitting my will to God in all things: this is the core issue. As I come unto Christ, this will be the core thing that will change the rest of my character weaknesses.
- Being selfish by staying up late: as I come unto Christ, I’ll want to go to bed earlier, I’ll have no desire to stay up late and be idle or tempt myself above what I’m able to bear.
I’m sure there are many other character weaknesses. I’m excited to continue taking a personal inventory, and when I’m wrong to promptly admit it.