Today has been a good day overall.
I taught the lesson in Primary today about David and Bathsheba. Most of the time I’m not really sure if the boys are really listening, but I hope they get something out of the lessons. One thing I feel I can do better at is preparation, inclusion of the “rowdy” ones, and activities to help them learn the concepts.
The kids have been on one lately. Caleb seems to be bored and constantly “zippie” and Madi is taking on the “whiner” role. Chloe is still perfect 🙂 but has been a bit sick lately – could be the teeth that are coming in. She’s starting to walk too which is pretty cool
Things I’m Grateful For
- The Silvers – without their help today at church, I may have gone crazy with the kids while Becky was up leading the music
- Getting to help Becky with the kids and not complaining or being resentful
- Going on a walk with the family tonight
- 9:00 church instead of 1:00 church
- That I got to talk with Jason tonight
- That I’ve officially written and sent out my first eBook
- That I feel like I’m getting back on the right track with the program
- That Becky and I are able to talk about the steps of the program now
- That I’ve set goals for the month of August and am working towards them
This week is going to be a good one. It’s going to be productive and I’m going to work extra hard to find the best in all the situations that I’m presented with.
I did read an email tonight about “Listening to your gut” from Perry Marshall that made me really think about what I really feel at work. I need to do some serious thinking, praying and planning before I follow my “gut” too much.