Well, today will be an interesting day. I’m meeting with Ethan (per my request) today at noon to talk about how I can handle situations in the future.
I’ve thought a lot about it.
I feel I can pray more about it.
Some of the questions I plan to ask:
- How can I have a better attitude about products and services that are rolled out that I don’t feel are necessarily in the best interest of the client?
- What can I do to best contribute as the DL over eCommerce?
- What’s the appropriate priority list when thinking about “who to please”? Employee > Client > Company or Company > Employee > Client or Company > Client > Employee or is there another priority list I haven’t thought of?
- If Ethan were in my shoes as a middle manager, what would he do, how would he handle situations like NW?
My overall goal is just to show Ethan that I’m not a negative person – I just care about the success of the students and the success of the employee, which I feel leads to the overall success of the company.
I talked with Becky about it last night and she said she sensed a lot of pride from me. She said that telling the owner of the company that he’s doing things wrong will definitely not go well, which I agree with.
A few options I’m considering:
- Stepping down as manager and going back to coaching for the time being
- Enduring for as long as I can
- Looking at a job option at an SEO company
- Completely leaving my industry all together and looking for something else
I want to do what’s best for my family.
I want to be happy.
I realize that my happiness depends a lot on my attitude. I just want to get out of the negative feelings I’ve been having for quite some time.
Hope I follow the Spirit today and listen to my heart instead of my proud side.