We’re in Idaho for today and tomorrow visiting my family for Conference.
Some of the highlights I remember today from Conference:
– Elder Ukdorf’s talk about being consistent and slowing down
– Elder Ukdorf’s talk in the Priesthood session about pride
– Elder __________ talk about obedience vs. laziness and rebellion
– Elder Eyrings talk about reading, studying and pondering the scriptures – it’s the pondering that can often open the windows of Heaven and help you find answers to prayers
– President Monson’s talk about the 3 R’s of Choices: 1) Right of Choice 2) Responsibility of Choice and 3) Result of Choice
We also went as a family between sessions to the Minidoka Dam for bird watching and to play at the park. It was fun to be with Mom and Dad and have the kids explore around, see some cool birds, and just get outside.
I started reading a book tonight that my dad has read titled “Re-exploring the Book of Mormon”. It’s a compilation of notes and studies done by BYU’s F.A.R.M.S team.
The first chapter I read talks about how long it took to translate the entire Book of Mormon – 65 -75 days depending on a few factors. They say the fact that all the content is so perfectly formatted, well written, and chronologically in place makes the book that much more of a phenomenon.
Things have gone well yesterday and today regarding my pride, resentments and lust. Yesterday was a crazy day at work. MC was actually suspended due to a change in plans last minute from Dave G and Dane (which I wasn’t really happy about). We then went on an off-site retreat.
I’m excited for conference tomorrow and look forward to taking notes.
I also look forward to reviewing my September Goals and setting new goals for October 2010!