I went to the temple last night in seek of guidance and direction: I’ve felt fearful and unsure of myself lately, in large part because I feel my priorities have been a bit out of wack.
The answers I feel I got this time were pretty clear too: it’s all about my objectives and motives.
I found this scripture reference when I was studying before the session: (Alma 27: 17-18)
The phrase “truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness” led me to the Topical Guide, which referenced “Objectives“.
This section of the Topical Guide has so many direct answers.
- Labour … for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, John 6:27
- life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, John 17:3
- before ye seek for riches, seek ye for the kingdom of God, Jacob 2:18
- be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize, Mosiah 4:27
- seek to obtain my word, D&C 11:21
- seek the riches which it is the will of the Father to give, D&C 38:39
- seek ye out of the best books words of wisdom, D&C 88:118
- All victory … through your diligence, D&C 103:36 (D&C 104:82).
What I got most out of this study and experience was that if I’m penitent and diligent in my seeking first the kingdom of God and the will of God in my life, I will be blessed with all things I stand in need of. Heavenly Father does want me to be successful. He does want to bless me. He doesn’t want me to be afraid of the unknown. He wants to guide me so that I can be an instrument in His hands.
I’m grateful for the temple and the experiences I’ve been having there.
Now off to work!