I used Skype today, 10.31.11, to call and talk with Ana and Enrique. It was really great. We talked for about 30 minutes and I found out Enrique has really bad problems with his Liver. I told them I would do whatever I could to help.
After we got off the phone I called Pres. Walker to talk about options. His daughter has been involved with that stuff because of Miss Idaho involvement so I sent her a message via Facebook too.
I love the “Obra Misional” via Facebook 🙂
I’ve had the opportunity in the last few days to Facebook chat with about 4 friends from my mission in Santiago Chile:
- Stefan Darrigrandi (from Ochagavia)
- Efrain Leon Marquez (I baptized him in Melipilla)
- Eduardo Zamorano (I baptized him in Lo Espejo and he’s just turned in his mission papers)
- Marianela Valenzuela (I baptized her in La Cisterna with her brother Pedro and sister and lots of their children)
- Mariapaz Valenzuelo (She never got baptized – the daughter of Marianela)
- Ana Ramirez (the daughter of Enrique and Ana Ramirez Catalan of Lo Espejo – Enrique has now been the Bishop there for quite some time)
I had a great conversation tonight with Ana about her parents, her life and really felt like it was a “reactivation visit”.
Here’s how it went:
What a wonderful experience.
I’m going to call Ana and Enrique tomorrow via Skype and hope to visit them someday soon again.
I love “La Obra Misional” and want to be a missionary my entire life.
I want to serve the Chilean people again.
I want to have the financial means to be able to do so – to be able to help people like Eduardo on his mission or whatever Heavenly Father wants me to do.
I love the Gospel and my chance to share my testimony on a daily basis as I look for opportunities.
By the way, I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday (started it on September 1, 2011 as part of a Facebook Challenge).
It feels so good to be actively and consistently reading the Book of Mormon again. It’s one of the things I need to help me stay far away from the fiery darts of the adversary.