Well, first off, I really feel like there was success today at work! We had our regular DL meeting in the morning and there were definitely some opportunities to “open a can of worms”. Before I went in to the meeting I said a quick little prayer asking for help to not rile things up and it seemed to work!
The whole day seemed to be better because of it.
I’ve been thinking a lot about what it said in the AA book about how I should act as if others are sick like me, like they have addictions and weaknesses that they are working on (which most people are or should be). Just that thought process seemed to really help me cope with Dane today. There were still things I noticed, but they seemed to be easier to bare.
I did have some resentment this morning towards Becky. I got the ball rolling when I didn’t get right out of bed and get things going with the kids. There was also a miscommunication on my part about how I was getting to work and when because of a flat tire on the van.
Anyway, I remember thinking specifically at work, “If she’s going to act like that, then I’m going to do whatever I want…”
This resentment led to me wasting a little time on Facebook just browsing around and doing not much of anything productive. I really feel I need to listen to that few seconds before I decide to go down that path of lust. I didn’t see anything thing pornographic, but just the intent is bad enough at this point.
I feel the key to getting back to not browsing on Facebook is little prayers throughout the day. I also feel answering the questions from the manual at the start of the day can be helpful to get me on the right track.
Things I’m Grateful For Today
- That I got a LOT of work done for EHR
- That I got a LOT of work done for THP
- That Becky and I got to go to the temple with our ward
- That my attitude at work was improved, which helped the overall feel of the day
- That I was able to write in my journal, even though it’s pretty late
- That Becky and I were able to get back on the same page after a bit of a disagreement this morning
- That prayer helped me not say things in our DL meeting today