I’d like to establish a better habit of study and prayer over the weekend. You’d think Sunday could be the best day to study, but historically I haven’t studied or written much on Saturday or Sunday.
So here I am today.
Today has been one of the busiest days so far. I went for the first time with some older guys from my ward to the Provo Temple. We went to the 6:00 session but left the house at 5:10 AM. It was really hard to stay awake but I felt good to go and be a part of something special like that.
The guys I went with are really nice and know a lot about the temple, so that makes it fun to just listen as well.
After the temple, I went straight to a meeting with a new client who we’re trying to finish a site for. That meeting went well, but long; I then headed to another meeting in West Jordan which I was a bit stressed about because I wouldn’t have much time to prepare for a bigger meeting I had with the U at 3:00. Miraculously, the appointment at 1:00 cancelled last minute so I was able to prepare calmly and get to the meeting on time.
My meeting with the U went really well.
After that, I came home, watched Madi at a singing recital, took Beck and the kids to BYU for Beck’s class; came back home, fixed them dinner, cleaned up, and then got back in the car, went to pick up Becky, and then headed back to Salt Lake to pick up Mandy from the airport (she’d been visiting a new boyfriend in Oregon – someone she met at her church summer camp).
Now it’s 10:40 p.m. and Beck and I are here in bed ready to finish the day.
I’m going to do a Grateful List and call it a night:
- I’m grateful today was a day in recovery
- I’m grateful I was worthy to go to the temple today
- I’m grateful I have so much work to do for my career
- I’m grateful Beck was in recovery today too and seemed really happy to see me
- I’m grateful that one client cancelled today so I could not only be nice about it with her but also be able to get the other stuff done that I needed to
- I’m grateful that I’m getting better at systems for work
- I’m grateful that I wanted to write in my journal tonight and didn’t just put it off as “not that big of a deal”
- I’m grateful Becky and I came to bed together
- I’m grateful that I was able to say sorry to Caleb a couple times today and try to make sure we’re on the same page
- I’m grateful he and the girls helped me clean up
- I’m grateful he and the girls took out the garbages
- I’m grateful Jay is talking more and more
- I’m grateful that I was able to submit my will to Him today and didn’t feel I had any strong temptations
- I’m grateful that the Atonement is real and that I can be forgiven
- I’m grateful that I can act as opposed to be acted upon
- I’m grateful to go to bed now and get the rest that I desperately need
Tomorrow is going to be another busy day.